Traditionally, risks have been managed indirectly in tunnelling projects through the engineering decisions taken during the project development. Based on recent developments, it can be claimed that present risk management processes can be signicantly improved by using techniques throughout the tunnel project.
By using these techniques, potential problems can be clearly identified at an early stage of the project, so that appropriate risk mitigation can be implemented in a timely manner.
phrase de test
To know more
ITA-WTC'06 Seoul Open Session was devoted to risk management
- Abstract of the conference
- Introduction , Martin Knights
- Guidelines for tunnelling risk assesment , Eric Leca & Soren Degn Eskesen
- Risk Management in tunnelling:A systematic framework for the contractual apportionment of construction risk. Arnold Dix & Martin Smith
- Occupational Health & Safety Risk Management in Tunnel Works , Donald Lamont
- Korean Risk Management Practices : a contractor's perspective , Woong-Suk Yoo
- The code of Practice for Risk Management of tunnel works - Future Tunnelling Insurance from the insurer's point of view , Heiko Wannick
A code of practice for risk management of tunnel works has been prepared by the International Tunnelling Insurance Group. You can download it here on the website www.imia.com.